Math Tutoring Service

See my Mathematics Tutoring Service on Thumbtack

Mandelbrot Set

A friend just sent me a link to a fantastic video: Mandelbrot Fractal Set Trip to e214 by teamfresh. The video runs about 9 minutes and zooms in on the Mandelbrot set to a magnification of 10^214. Wow!

It feels like there must have been some pretty clever programming and lots of computer time used to produce this video. The idea of using video to zoom in on the Mandelbrot set is so powerful that it seems to make the beautiful still pictures that I am familiar with, obsolete. To teamfresh, I say Bravo!

I am amazed and humbled by the incredible complexity that can be contained in the simplest mathematical formulas, as shown in this video. Truly our own inventions can take a life of their own.

No comments: